Photos by Elemental at KW Tricon 2014
Camellia vr. Gumi cosplay made by me~
You can now also find me on facebook! it’s super exciting and you should go check it out :)
Gumi photos part 2 :D
Still so so so happy I was able to get photos of Gumi in my tap shoes~ Was a cosplay dream come true!
You can find more photos at any of the below links (including those of me on a floor piano! :D):
When you dance to your own rhythm, life taps its toes to your beat (~Terri Guillemets)
It’s been a cosplay dream for me, as a tap dancer, to make a costume to go with, and get photos of me in, my (well worn but) much loved tap shoes~ Amanda of Elemental Photography told me how there was a floor piano at Tri-con, and I got straight to work! I’ve loved the design for Camellia vr. Gumi for a long time, and I knew it would work perfectly… and ultimately I’m absolutely in love with these photos!! Plus, more to come… :)
More info on the costume and my cosplay:
What a year 2013 has been! :D
Though it was quite the busy year for me due to being bogged down with my Master’s, it looks like in the end I completed and wore out a fair amount!
1. Colonial Jack Frost (made for Con-G, picture taken by my roomie one cold night post-work when it was snowing~) I got hit as well with the ROTG bug and making Jack’s colonial outfit was super fun~
4. Amanda and I had planned for almost a year to enter in AN’s skit contest for about a year, and we worked hard together in choreography to enter learning as much swing as we could, and we won Best Characterization and Originality!!! :D Was definitely one of my highlights of the year <3 Costumes are Hikaru and Zazu from Magic Knights Rayearth~
5. One of my good friends Olivia invited me to be her Sailor Venus for a group at AN, and it was so much fun to cosplay from Sailor Moon again!! We had a full inner senshi group, and needless to say we were a ridiculous photo trap :P Costume was made by Olivia <3
6. My big AN costume!! Finally got to cosplay with some of my really good friends from Hamilton <3 We had a full group including Mokona, and I was our Princess Sakura~
7. Sailor Iron Man! My big D*Con costume~ My first time making armour too which was hugely daunting but I was overall pleased with the results~ Joined by my friend Olivia as Sailor Hawkeye and the awesom Elfgrove and Eldanildiel as Sailor Thor and Sailor Cap respectively~
8. I made/assembled two Clara Oswald outfits this year! The first was from the Series 8 episode ‘Cold War’ and was her party dress for D*Con, and the second from ‘Rings of Akhaten’ with the SA dress initially semi-completed for AN and worn completed for the 50th anniversary screening~
9. For the aquarium visit at D*Con, I put together Hong Kong battle Newt Geizsler from Pacific Rim~ I fell in love with that movie, and Newt especially, and it was so much fun running around as a Kaiju Groupie :) I even got Burn Gorman (Gottlieb) to sign my ID badge!!
10. Though I don’t really have any pictures of me in it, I made Makoto’s club ed outfit for Genre Con in October~ We had a full Free! group and went to the dance in them, and it was awesome!
In total with all of these, I also started a cosplay page on fbook~
And that was 2013 in a nutshell :) Here’s to what 2014 will bring! <3 I’m sure looking forward to it, and I’ve got some big plans~ So keep an eye out!!
Happy new year everyone <3
"It’s an all-you-can-kill, kill-or-be-killed, killing-killing-killing-all-around world!"
Photography by Elemental <33
Thanks so much for everyone who made this cosplay dream of mine possible! I knew McMaster was going to be such a great school location to shoot in and I’m so happy it worked out <3
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!!
Hawkeye stole my arc reactor, silly faces and fun were had :) Toni, toni no!
While wandering around the Marriott Friday afternoon at Dragon*Con, I saw this really awesome Iron Man and just had to get a picture! One of my highlights of the day~
Sailor Iron Man was mostly made by me (everything except for white bodysuit and hiproll), but sadly I don’t know who the Iron Man was ): Thank you whoever you are because you sir are awesome!
Sailor Avengers at Dragon*Con 2013! Based off the designs by Ann Marcellino~ I’m so glad we were able to meet up and take silly photos (soon to come!) on Friday afternoon!
Costumes made by respective cosplayers~ (with the exception of my/Iron Man’s white bodysuit and hip roll being made by Olivia/Hawkeye)
Wow this photo has been sitting in my drafts for awhile! This is my favourite photo of this costume from when my group and I played around with my camera at AN~
Sakura costume from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, everything made by me~ Initially premiered at Anime North 2013
Can’t wait to wear this out again, hopefully with my staff this time!! :D
For my first armour ever, I think I could have definitely done worse :)
But YAY THE FOAM FOR MY SAILOR IRON MAN BOOTS ARE DONE \o/
They weren’t made to be exact, but I hope that looking at them you can kinda tell they’re iron man-esque?
And now to the gloves? OTL